Monday, March 15, 2010

Hey March

So, kind of forgot about/felt like I was terrible at this whole blogging thing. Finished my finals, went home for Christmas and never looked back...until now. 2010 marked the beginning of seeing the light at the end of this damned tunnel called getting a Bachelors degree. I'll be finished in December which is like...only 9 months away. If people can grow a baby in this amount of time I can surely pass all my classes, and the end result is much less painful. There are about 6 weeks left in this semester and I'm at the halfway point in most of my classes. It always feels like the halfway mark comes so much later than it should.

Anyway, lets think of fun things I've done in 2010. Started the year out in New Orleans with the family, super fun. We went to the Sugar Bowl to watch Tim Tebow play his last game with the Gators against the Cincinnati Bearcats. After that I promptly rushed down to Gulf Shores to see Blaire get hitched and then booked my butt back here to start classes. It's been pretty much the same routine ever since. Class on Monday and Wednesday night, exhaustive job searching (none of which are working out, but with one interesting series of interviews) and visits home to see the fam including the Gog and Grandad. The nursing home Gog is in FINALLY got her medications balanced out so she's back to babbling nonsense instead of being all zombiefied. Definite improvement. Grandad's nursing home has also managed to keep him from falling and he is in MUCH better shape all around. The big man is turning 80 on the 4th of April, and sissy turns 21 that day too, AND it's the date we're celebrating the resurrection of Jesus Christ. It's going to be a busy weekend. Tampa Hamms are coming into town...it's going to be a party.

Yeah...back to Februrary...which was a month of insanity. First weekend went to see John Mayer in Jacksonville...also happened to be sitting in the 4th row. Sweet, sweetness. Weekend after that headed up to Birmingham for Miss Laura McCraney's Deb ball, it was SNOWING and I was riding in a party bus...it was an eventful weekend. Weekend after that headed BACK to B'ham this time with mom and sister in tow for Sarah Jane and Taylor's wedding. Got to see Susan and Jennifer as well which was great. Then Uncle John taught sister and I how to make a proper martini (aka Gin on ice with bleu cheese stuffed olives) while watching the Winter Olympics. This activity then prompted mom to nickname us the "Gin Twins" which was funnier Saturday night because Sunday morning came fast and early, thank God for sunglasses and Dunkin Donuts drive thrus!

Tonight marks the last day of my "spring break" which was spent job hunting and working on a group presentation. Big party. But even though I didn't get to have much fun at least the weather has been beautiful and I think it's safe to say that Winter is OVAH!

On that note, it's time for bed...this whole spring forward thing has had me all messed up today. And also I've gotten back into the nasty habit of staying up until 3 in the morning for no good reason. Early morning, more jobs to apply for, group meeting, class, study session, and the list goes on, and on...and on...

No comments:

Post a Comment